So..... I'm a real fan of the unconventional, drawn to old things, weird things and creepy things. I love to travel and I feel like it has shaped not only who I am as a person, but also as a photographer.
That being said though, my favourite place to be is home. When I'm not needed anywhere else you can find me there, being a total introvert, listening to old records with a glass of red in hand and a kitty (or two) on my lap.
1. I listen to a lot of vinyl records - often 80's metal, don't judge me.
2. Apparently I have a certain face I pull when I see squishy-faced animals.
3. My karaoke song is 'Bohemian Rhapsody', accompanied by air guitar.
4. Good food makes me do a happy dance, interpretive style of course.
5. I swear too f*%king much.
6. I'm terrified of boats - that's the main reason I'm not a pirate. I'm also afraid of the ocean, which doesn't help either.
7. When I was little I wanted to be an FBI agent, because X files, obvs.
8. Yes, I'm aware that in the photo I'm looking up at the heading. It's really corny, but purely coincidental.
Now you're just going to keep looking at it.
I leapt headfirst into my wedding business in 2009 and have been hooked ever since. The sense of pride I get from capturing such an important and sentimental day is addictive. People are all so different, and I find them all so bloody amazing. I want you to look at your photos in years to come and remember what it was like to be there, feeling all the feels. That's what it's about for me.
Plus, they are a blast! You get to do all the stuff you like best, I get to hang out with awesome folk and be super creative at the same time. That, my friends, is a winning combination in my book.
Make it your Best Day Ever!
Finding your special person in this crazy world is such a great thing and it is worth celebrating. Don't be afraid to embrace the strange and really make it your own unique event..... because at the end of the day it's your freaking party.
I want to capture your day the way you want to remember it. The in-between moments, the happy tears, the spontaneous laughter, the interpretive dance, that weird thing your cousin did with the whisky glass and the blowtorch.... all the good stuff.